Sunday, October 31, 2010

Delta Tau Delta; Zeta Chi

             I joined a fraternity when I came to Southern Miss in the fall of 2008.  I was not very keen on the idea of fraternal bonds and what they instilled in an individual.  I changed my mind quickly once I met the men of Delta Tau Delta.  I am now proud to call myself a Delt.  There are many misconceptions as to what it entails to be in a modern day fraternity.  We have all seen Animal House and understand what debauchery they partake in.  This is not always the case in every chapter on various campuses.  We are men of excellence and hold ourselves to higher standards then most.
          This picture is of my tie that I wore on Homecoming of this year.  On the left is my little brothers' pledge badge and on the right is my active badge.  These are points of pride for us as we dress in proper attire to represent our organization.  We are the third highest in grades in all fraternities lacking only .002 from being in first.  We raise four times the amount of money for philanthropies than any other organization on campus.  We work hard and play hard.  This is why we are successful men that do more than drink beer and chase women.

Fraternally,
Chris Overman
ZX 300

No comments:

Post a Comment